…is “I’m too busy, I don’t have enough time.”
Every time I’ve said this in the past, I would put so much time and energy into something that I thought was going to make my dreams come true yet I ended tired and exhausted, and I felt like the hamster wheel was never going to end. I realized the busy “rat race” of filling my schedule made me think I was fulfilled, but in reality, I’d never felt more empty.
Back then, I believed that hard work made me look like I was successful…that I was doing something good with my life…that it validated where I was spending my money inappropriately.
I didn’t want to actually look at what was underneath my time problem. I’d say:
- “I have to be doing this.”
- “I need to do this to get what I want.”
- “I should do this or I’m selfish.”
- “If I don’t do this, what will “they” say?”
Now when I get “busy,” I ask myself these questions:
- “What is being busy protecting you from?”
- “When you’re busy, what are you missing out on in my life that you really want?”
- “If you weren’t busy what would you be afraid of”
- “By being busy, what are you avoiding?”
- “What are the negative thoughts and emotions you’re feeling because you’re ‘busy?’”
- “Where are you hoping busyness will get you that it’s not?”
What comes up for you if you honestly answer these questions for yourself?
For me, they’re like a gut punch and reality check.
I want spaciousness in my life to create, have fun, be adventurous, spend time connecting with myself and others. I want love, abundance, and freedom.
I can’t get those things when I’m in a constant state of busyness.
I want to explore this with you so that you don’t start 2022 in the same busy state as you are in now.
Sign up for a free 15-minute call with me and let’s see what unfolds.